Modern workers and active families spend a large part of each week in the car, on trains or airplanes, or waiting in line. The average commute in the United States is now up to more than 26 minutes each way.
What's worse, time spent in the car is now considered to be one of the most influential and correlated factors impacting personal health and wellness. The more we travel, the worse we feel, and the worse our health becomes. And, the more we travel the greater the likelihood we'll be at risk of accident or injury.
BreatheAware On-The-Go is a self-guided course to fight back against the negative impact of heavy travel by using some of this time to improve health and build new skills and habits for safety and managing the stress of an active life. Work your way through 16 step-by-step exercises that expand the possibilities you see to support well-being in daily travel.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have the basic skills to increase energy and awareness when driving, for safety?
- Do you know how to develop core strength during travel?
- Are you sitting properly for health during long travel periods?
- Do you have exercises for stretching the back and neck, even while driving?
- Are you leveraging mindfulness skills to improve the experience and productivity of travel?
- Do you need tools to release anxiety while flying?
These are just a few of the areas you'll tackle in BreatheAware On-The-Go. Each lesson takes you through practical skills and techniques that will become part of your travel-life tool-set.
- Develop mindfulness skills for productivity and job performance
- Improve workspace efficiency and habits
- Assess body alignment and adjustments to reduce repetitive stress injury
- Master practical skills for finding calm and focus when you need it
- Learn breathing techniques for building energy and waking up
- Explore and practice using mindfulness process for pre-meeting preparation
- Engage in daily mindful movement within the work environment
- Reduce tightness, tension and pain when sitting for long periods of time
The BreatheAware methodology uses a sports training periodization model, which is designed to teach and train core techniques in small, easily absorbed segments that day-by-day build mastery of skills and behaviors. This approach is similar to how athletes train and prepare for excellence, we're just applying it to health and self-care.
Our programs and lessons are organized into four core themes: Breath, Body, Brain, Lifestyle.
See a quick video of BreatheAware's products in action, and learn more.
Want to learn more? Here are a few resources to help you understand the BreatheAware platform, programs and what it can do for you.
Watch a message from our Founder and Chief Innovation Officer, Curt Rosenthal.
Take a look at our Science page, and learn more about stress, pain, and the many techniques we can use to alleviate them.
Check us out on YouTube where you can watch dozens of videos about our methodology, programs, techniques, and more.
BreatheAware programs are available anytime, anywhere, via any internet-connected device with a browser.
Browsers: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer
Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows
Support hours are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM CST
Questions? Send us a note.