Are you ready for a fresh perspective on the place where you spend a large part of your week? BreatheAware for the workplace is a self-guided course in assessing, adjusting and using your daily work environment to feel better, get more done and find more enjoyment doing it (well, most of the time).
Modern medical science has shown the tremendous performance and health problems that the traditional workplace - and our relationship with it - can create. Chronic inactivity, repetitive thought processes and movements, and difficult or habitual social interactions stress and deteriorate the mind, body and spirit.
But it doesn't have to be that way. Employees and employers in any industry can turn employee health and productivity upside down - for the better - by learning essential skills for continuous workplace health & wellness. There are dozens of easy and often fun ways to take control of your daily experience, you just have to learn and practice them.
BreatheAware for the Workplace takes you through 16 step-by-step exercises that fine-tune the relationship you have with your working environment, and expand the possibilities you see for daily accomplishment, health and satisfaction.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have the basic skills to increase focus or calm for performance?
- Do you practice mindfully saying 'no' to distractions when it can increase productivity?
- Have you assessed your office to reduce repetitive-stress injury risk?
- Do you specifically review how work habits impact your body's health?
- Are you using mindfulness to prepare for meetings, or to start and end the day?
- Are you building daily skills that help you move your arms, legs and body more often?
- How are you taking charge of stress, and preventing it from harming health?
These are just a few of the areas you'll tackle in BreatheAware for the Workplace. Each lesson takes you through practical skills and techniques that will become part of your work-life tool-set.
If you're a working professional, from office, home, lab or factory, this program is a practical, science-based way to improve your experience.
- Develop mindfulness skills for productivity and job performance
- Improve workspace efficiency and habits
- Assess body alignment and adjustments to reduce repetitive stress injury
- Master practical skills for finding calm and focus when you need it
- Learn breathing techniques for building energy and waking up
- Explore and practice using mindfulness process for pre-meeting preparation
- Engage in daily mindful movement within the work environment
- Reduce tightness, tension and pain when sitting for long periods of time
The BreatheAware methodology uses a sports training periodization model, which is designed to teach and train core techniques in small, easily absorbed segments that day-by-day build mastery of skills and behaviors. This approach is similar to how athletes train and prepare for excellence, we're just applying it to health and self-care.
Our programs and lessons are organized into four core themes: Breath, Body, Brain, Lifestyle.
See a quick video of BreatheAware's products in action, and learn more.
Want to learn more? Here are a few resources to help you understand the BreatheAware platform, programs and what it can do for you.
Take a look at our Science page, and learn more about stress, pain, and the many techniques we can use to alleviate them.
BreatheAware programs are available anytime, anywhere, via any internet-connected device with a browser.
Browsers: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer
Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows
Support hours are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM CST
Questions? Send us a note.